March 19, 2020
The City of Morro Bay Planning Division is implementing the following revised Zoning Inquiry, Application and Submittal procedures to protect the health and safety of the public and City employees:
New Applications and Resubmittals:
- Applicant to coordinate application drop off date and time with Planning Division. email@example.com or ph: (805) 772-6264.
- Submittal will be processed, and applicant will be notified of permit fees due
- Collect fee via credit card by phone or slide check under Community Development Department door
- Applications will be routed to applicable departments (no change in process)
- Email comments will be provided by commenting departments to applicant (no change in process)
- Applicant to coordinate resubmittal package with Planning staff via email.
- Once application is deemed complete, planning staff will notify the applicant of pending noticing date and timeline for permit issuance or Planning Commission scheduled date
- Approved plans/documents will be emailed as pdf file with hardcopy to be mailed (no change in process)
- Counter questions for zoning inquiries or general planning questions will be responded to via phone or email. Ph: (805) 772-6261
Our goal is to provide the community with direction and guidance to achieve the goals and objectives set forth in the General Plan and Local Coastal Plan.
Our objective is to create and facilitate an effective partnership with the residents and businesses in the community by providing an open and transparent planning process with an emphasis on citizen involvement and participation that results in a fair, objective, predictable, and accountable planning process.
A guiding principle is that all new and remodeled development fit in to the small town scale of the community while preserving and strengthening the unique small coastal town image and character of Morro Bay. A continuing emphasis will be to promote and encourage sustainable development practices involving all aspects of green building techniques and materials, low impact development, and energy efficient development.
Services & Links
- 2020-2028 Housing Element - New
- Policy for Small Wireless Facilities (City Council Resolution 21-19)
- Urgency Ordinance 620 for Small Wireless Facilities adopted March 26, 2019
- Planning Hot Topics
- Current Planning Projects
- Planning Applications - Updated
- Commercial Medical Cannabis Operation Application
- Update to California State Law for Accessory Dwelling Units
- Planning Project Appeal Form (PDF)
- Planning Fees
- Environmental Review Documents (CEQA)
- Zoning Ordinances
- Zoning Map (PDF)
- General Plan/Local Coastal Plan
- Land Use Map (PDF)
- Downtown Waterfront Strategic Plan
- Other Plans and Studies
- Subdivision Ordinance
- Green Building
- Planning Commission
- Residential Design Guidelines
- Sea Shell Estates CC&Rs and Design Manual
- Cloisters Design Guidelines 1997
- Outdoor Dining/Sales Permit Application