Recreation & Parks Commission
The Recreation and Parks Commission shall:
- Act in an advisory capacity to the City Council in all matters pertaining to parks and public recreation and to cooperate with other governmental agencies and civic groups in the advancement of sound recreation and parks planning and programming. The Board shall make reports and recommendations to the various city boards, commissions or the City Council on the above matters. When requested to do so, will review items referred by other city boards, commissions or the City Council. Resulting reports and recommendations will be included in presentations before the City Council.
- Formulate policies on recreation services, parks and open space for approval by the City Council.
- Recommend to the City Council the development of recreational areas, parks, facilities, open spaces, programs and improved recreation services.
- Recommend to the City Council the adoption of rules, regulations, and standards concerning recreation and parks in respect to organization, personnel, areas and facilities, program and financial support.
- Advise the Recreation Services Manager in the preparation of the annual parks maintenance, park improvement and recreation budgets and long-range recreation and parks facilities improvements.
- Hold public hearings and meetings to conduct investigations and surveys for the purpose of securing facts and data concerning parks and public recreation.
The Recreation and Parks Commission is comprised of 5 voting members. Members are appointed by the City Council.
Contact the Commission
If you would like to send written comments to the Board, please email them at RPC@morrobayca.gov. Please note that comments will be sent to the Commission and select city staff.
NOTE: Clicking any direct email link will attempt to open your computer's default email client (if you haven't set this up it may try to open an email client you don't use). If this is not what you are trying to do, simply copy the email addresses above and past them into the email you'd like to send.
NOTE: Email correspondence sent to or from members of the Commission via the city's website is considered public records and may be subject to disclosure and additional distribution pursuant to the Public Records Act, Brown Act, and Council Policies and Procedures.
- 6 p.m.
- Meets the third Thursday of odd-numbered months
- Veterans' Memorial Building
209 Surf Street
Morro Bay, CA 93442
- Please Note: Pursuant to Assembly Bill 361 (2021-22) and Government Code section 54953, meetings are currently being conducted telephonically through Zoom. Please refer to the meeting agenda for public participation information. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>