Ongoing Service Objectives
Overall management functions associated with providing recreation and parks services to the Estero Bay Community include:
- Long-range planning, reception and clerical support for the Department and full/part-time staff.
- Technical support and professional staff support to the City Council, Recreation and Parks Commission, and other groups.
- Continued pursuit of Departmental efficiency and streamlining to promote timely response to clients.
- Individual, as well as, team sports in the form of leagues, tournaments, classes, coached programs, special sports camps, and competitive drop-in programs to both youth and adults throughout the Estero Bay community.
- Extensive summer Junior Lifeguard Program that is designed to increase the participant's appreciation and understanding of the recreational opportunities and hazards associated with the ocean environment.
- Facilities and special events that draw individuals/groups to Morro Bay.
- Adequate staffing levels for the operation of the Veterans' Memorial Building and the Morro Bay Community Center.
- Rentals, reservations, and responsive service to the community for special events, programs, and projects.
- School-age care and enrichment programs in concordance with the San Luis Coastal Unified School District calendar.
- Operation of Rockies - the home of the Teen Center and Skate Park. Provide programming to fit the needs of local middle and high school students.
- Coordinate with the Morro Bay Senior Citizen's, Inc. to provide operational hours of the Morro Bay Senior Center along with senior enrichment activities and services.
- Work with the Recreation and Parks Commission to develop and enhance recreational opportunities, parks, and facilities.
- Provide professional agency memberships and professional development to the Commission Members through county and state-wide training.