The budget is the culmination of about 5 months’ work and consideration by many individuals. Beginning in March, City Department Directors are asked to prepare estimates of anticipated departmental revenues and expenditures for the coming year. During this time period, the Administrative Services Director begins the process of projecting major General Fund revenues for the ensuing 12 months, and preparing the budget document for presentation.
By mid-March, Finance staff organizes all requests into their proper funds, and presents this draft budget to the city Manager for review and preparation of the budget letter. By early May, the balanced proposed budget is submitted to the City Council and posted on the city’s website. The City Council conducts Budget Workshops in May to gather additional information and public input. Staff will revise the budget based on direction from the Council during the workshops and present the final draft budget to the City Council in June for additional public comment, as well as City Council changes and adoption. The adopted budget, together with any required amendments, serves to guide city department expenditure levels and major activities throughout the year.
The City’s annual operating and capital budget is effective from July 1 to June 30. It is adopted prior to June 30.
Questions regarding the document should be directed to the Administrative Services Director.
Documents & Links
- FY 2022-23 ADOPTED Operating & Capital Budget - Interactive Digital Budget Book
- FY 2022-23 ADOPTED Operating & Capital Budget - Printable PDF Version
- FY 2022-23 REVISED Proposed Operating & Capital Budget - Printable PDF Version (6-22-22)
- FY 2022-23 Proposed Operating & Capital Budget – Printable PDF Version (5-17-22)
- FY 2021-22 Mid-Year Budget Report
- FY 2021-22 Adopted Budget
- FY 2021-22 Adopted Budget Highlights
- FY 2021-22 GANN Limit
- Prior Year Budgets