- Feature Links
- OpenGov Morro Bay
Morro Bay Financial Transparency Portal
Welcome to the Portal
The City of Morro Bay is committed to honest budgeting, responsible spending and financial transparency.
In this spirit, the city of Morro Bay has partnered with OpenGov to provide its citizens and stakeholders with the Financial Transparency Portal. The portal is designed to bring visibility, openness, and accountability to our operations.
There's nothing quite like being able to examine financial data by yourself by viewing charts and graphs or downloading the information into an excel spreadsheet. That’s why the City of Morro Bay has engaged with OpenGov to assist with providing the public an interactive way to learn more about the City’s finances. This resource is a part of the City’s ongoing effort to enhance transparency and public engagement in city government.
This site provides you the opportunity to view, filter, and analyze revenue, expense, and balance sheet financial data for the City of Morro Bay. You are not limited to viewing your city’s financial data online. You can download the data (i.e. in Excel) for offline analysis and even share it on social media.
Explore OpenGov-Morro Bay to get a feel for a new standard of transparency.
Transparency Portal Reports
Click on the image to go to that report in the Morro Bay Transparency Portal.
- OpenGov allows you to explore budget and historical finances in a simple graphical user interface.
- You'll notice the Report Title you are viewing in the top left corner.
- Click on Saved on the left-hand side to view a list of common or favorite views on each report.
- Select Filter to display key menus
- You can use the Show drop-down to see the data that is of most interest to you.
- Use the Broken Down By drop-down to specify the category by which you would like to organize the data in your chart or graph.
- Select the Filtered By option to view the data filters. These filters will allow you to select exactly which data you want to include, or exclude, from your graph or chart.
- Use the Search function within each filter to find exactly what you are looking for.
- There are five different types of visual representations of the data:
- A stacked line graph to visualize overall trends over time.
- A line graph overlaying each trend over time.
- A pie chart to view percentage breakdowns by year.
- a stacked percentage graph to see percentage changes over time.
- a bar chart comparing trends and percentage breakdowns over time.
- Below any chart or graph, you can view a Table detailing the financial information in the visualization above.
- Use the Help drop-down in the top right corner to:
- View a short How-To Guide with tips on navigating the platform.
- Recall the Welcome Screen.
- View a short Budget 101 primer with basic information on multi-fund accounting.
- Contact the administrators of the account.
- Use the Share drop-down in the top right corner to:
- Share your customized graph or chart through social media.
- Send a link to your customized graph or chart through email.
- Use the Download drop-down in the top right corner to:
- Download an image of the graph or table as a .png file.
- Download a spreadsheet as a .csv file.
OpenGov transforms the way the world analyzes and allocates public money. With more than 1600 government customers across 48 states in a rapidly expanding network, OpenGov is the market leader in cloud-based financial intelligence, budgeting, and transparency for government. The OpenGov platform transforms government financial data into intuitive, interactive visualizations for both internal government users and citizens. OpenGov technology empowers administrators to make better policy decisions by measuring budget to actual expenditures, comparing data across departments and other governments and streamlining the budgeting process. Founded in 2012 with headquarters in Silicon Valley, OpenGov works with leading governments of all sizes including Minneapolis, New Haven, and Beaufort, SC. Learn more at www.opengov.com.
This data should be used for informational purposes only. Every reasonable effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the reports and data provided as a snapshot in time; nevertheless, some information may not be accurate as it is common for the City to make adjustments or record inter fund transfers. The City of Morro Bay assumes no responsibility arising from use of this information.