COVID-19 Information Page
MORRO BAY CARES
The City of Morro Bay has been closely monitoring the emerging, rapidly evolving Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) situation and working with our partners at the local, county, and state level to remain current on the most up-to-date information and guidance as it becomes available. Below are links to informational resources regarding COVID-19.
RUOK (Are You OK?)
The City is offering voluntary RUOK wellness calls to our vulnerable high-risk population that has been asked to shelter in their homes. To sign up for this service please complete the form found here or call the City of Morro Bay Fire Department at (805) 772-6242.
SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER
The City is part of, and coordinating with, a community volunteer group called Voluntary Organizations Active in Disasters (VOAD). This group will assist with helping our vulnerable high-risk population with any needs they may have, such as groceries or household items. If you would like to sign-up and volunteer please complete the form found here or call the City of Morro Bay COVID-19 Hotline at 805-772-6278.
At the City of Morro Bay, it is our job to help assist the federal government and public health organizations to keep our community healthy and safe. As part of our preparedness planning for COVID-19, we would like your thoughts on the current situation in our community. Please click on the link below to take the survey.
- COVID-19 Survey (click "sign up" if you have not used Polco before)
COUNTY ISSUES ORDER SUSPENDING EVICTIONS FOR RENTAL RESIDENCES
No one should be forced out of their home because of the spread of COVID-19 in our county. In partnership with all seven incorporated cities in San Luis Obispo County, (Arroyo Grande, Atascadero, Grover Beach, Morro Bay, El Paso de Robles, Pismo Beach, and San Luis Obispo), County Emergency Services Director Wade Horton issued an executive order today suspending evictions by landlords related to any rental property in San Luis Obispo County for failure to pay rent, foreclosure or decrease in household or business income due to COVID-19. These types of evictions are suspended through May 31, 2020.
MORRO BAY PRESS RELEASES & PUBLIC NOTICES
- City to Close Popular Beach Parking Lots and Boat Launch Ramp, Beginning Friday, March 27 at 6:00 PM - 3/26/20
- City Launches COVID-19 Phone Hotline & Local Volunteer Coordination Group - 3/23/20
- Morro Bay Transit Will Provide Free Bus Service Effective 3/23/20
- City and Chamber Work Together to Continue to Provide Services to Residents & Local Businesses - 3/19/20
- MORRO BAY CARES - ROUK (Are You OK?) - 3/19/20
- Condado emite orden ejectuvia para refugiarse en su hogar a partir de mañana (3/19/20)
- County Issues Executive Order to Shelter at Home Starting Tomorrow (3/19/20)
- Morro Bay Chamber COVID-19 Resource Page for Businesses - 3/18/20
- Small Business Administration Guidance & Loan Assistance Program - 3/18/20
- State Parks Closure Effective 3/19/20
- City Launches "Morro Bay Cares" Program to Help the Community in Midst of COVID-19 Pandemic - 3/17/20
- City Continues to Provide Essential Services While Following County Social Distancing Requirements - 3/16/20
- City Declares Local Emergency Related to COVID-19 - 3/14/20
CITY SERVICES & EVENT UPDATES
- Community Development Building Division - Revised Permit Submittal & Issuance Procedures in Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) Health Concerns - 3/19/20
- Community Development Building Division - Revised Building Inspection Procedures in Response to Coronovirus (COVID-19) Health Concern - 3/19/20
- Community Development Planning Division - Planning Division Procedures for Zoning Inquiries & Permit Application & Submittal Process in Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) Health Concerns - 3/19/20
- Public Works Engineering Division - Revised Encroachment Permit, Final Map and Other Public Works Application and Submittal Procedures