- Your Government
- Departments & Divisions
- City Administration
- City Manager
- Tourism Business Improvement District
Tourism Business Improvement District Advisory Board
Tourism is essential to the economic health and quality of life of the Morro Bay Community. The mission of this committee is to increase tourism to Morro Bay through marketing and advertising.
Documents & Links
- FY 2019-20 Tourism Marketing Plan
- Morro Bay Tourism Marketing Roll-Out Plan Post COVID-19
- Financial Reports - See month-by-month reports on City Transient Occupancy Tax, TBID Assessment and Tourism Marketing District Assessment collections. Reports compiled by the Finance Department.
- Meetings are held on the third Thursday of the month; except for the months of July, November and December.
- 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Veterans Memorial Building
209 Surf Street
Morro Bay, CA 93442
- Please Note: Meetings are currently being held virtually in accordance with Section 3 of California Governor Newsom's Executive Order N-29-20 issued on March 17, 2020 in response to the present State of Emergency in existence due to the threat of COVID-19. All meetings will held via teleconference for all participants. Please refer to the meeting agenda for public participation information.
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
View Most Recent Agenda (PDF) | View All
Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Minutes (PDF) | View All
The Tourism Business Improvement District Advisory Board is comprised of 7 members. Members are appointed by the City Council (effective Feb. 1, 2021). Current members include:
- Amish Patel, Hotelier (Member-at-Large), Vice-Chair
- Joan Solu, Member-at-Large
- Nancy Dickenson, Member-at-Large
- Chris Kostecka, 22 or less rooms
- Teresa (Teri) Ennis, Vacation Rental Representative (VR)
- Steve Allen, Hotelier (Member-at-Large), Chair
- Vacant, Hotelier (Member-at-Large)
- Vacant, 50 or less rooms
QualificationsEffective February 1, 2020, the Tourism Business Improvement District Advisory Board shall consist of the following:
Representing motel/hotel with 50 or less rooms one member
Representing motel/hotel with 22 or less rooms one member
Hotelier Members-at-Large three members
Community Members-at-Large two members*
Vacation Rental Representative one member
*On January 31, 2023, or when a community member-at-large seat becomes available, whichever occurs first, the number of community at large seats will be reduced to one and the total number of board members will return to seven.
The five (5) members from the lodging industry shall consist of three members representing hotels “at large” (no specific number of rooms), and two other positions shall give preference to a member representing lodging rooms of less than 22 rooms and one member representing 50 or less rooms (single hotel or cumulative representation), respectively. If no preferential applicant from a small or large hotel – as defined above – applies, then the seat shall be made available to applicants on an “at large” hotelier representative basis.
The vacation rental representative shall either own or manage a permitted vacation rental property within the City and the community member(s)-at-large must be a resident and registered voter of the City.
Contact the Board
If you would like to send written comments to the Board, please email them at TBID@morrobayca.gov. Please note that comments will be sent to the Board and select city staff.
NOTE: Clicking any direct email link will attempt to open your computer's default email client (if you haven't set this up it may try to open an email client you don't use). If this is not what you are trying to do, simply copy the email addresses above and paste them into the email you'd like to send.
NOTE: Email correspondence sent to or from members of the Board via the city's website is considered public records and may be subject to disclosure and additional distribution pursuant to the Public Records Act, Brown Act, and Council Policies and Procedures.