- Equinor - https://www.equinor.com/
- Energize Ventures (Even Keel Wind) - https://evenkeelwind.invenergy.com/
- Golden State Wind - https://www.goldenstatewind.com/
Regional Non-Profit Resource
- REACH - https://reachcentralcoast.org/
- California Energy Commission - https://www.energy.ca.gov/
- California Coastal Commission - https://www.coastal.ca.gov/
- California Ocean Protection Council - https://opc.ca.gov/
- California State Lands - https://www.slc.ca.gov/
- California Public Utilities Commission - https://www.cpuc.ca.gov/
- Bureau of Ocean Energy Management - https://www.boem.gov/
- Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement - https://www.bsee.gov/
- NOAA Proposed Marine Sanctuary - https://sanctuaries.noaa.gov/chumash-heritage/
Waterfront Siting & Infrastructure Study – https://reachcentralcoast.org/wp-content/uploads/Waterfront-Infrastructure-Report-121522.pdf
California Energy Commission / Offshore Wind of the California Coast – https://www.energy.ca.gov/publications/2022/offshore-wind-energy-development-california-coast-maximum-feasible-capacity-and
California Offshore Wind Regional Ports Assessment - https://www.boem.gov/sites/default/files/documents/renewable-energy/studies/BOEM-2023-010.pdf
California Coastal Commission W7a- https://documents.coastal.ca.gov/reports/2022/6/W7a/W7a-6-2022-Report.pdf
NREL The Impacts of Developing a Port Network for Floating Offshore Wind Energy on the West Coast of the United States- https://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy23osti/86864.pdf
Offshore Wind Waterfront Facilities Improvement Program Transcript of 11-3-23 for Workshop
Presentation by the Crescent City Harbor District Presentation - Crescent City Harbor District
Presentation by the Port of Long Beach Presentation - Pier Wind
Presentation by the Humboldt Bay Harbor Recreation and Conservation District
Presentation - Recreation and Conservation District
General workshop presentation from November 3, 2023 Presentation - Staff Workshop on AB 209 Offshore Wind Waterfront Facilities Improvement Program
- SB100 - https://www.billtrack50.com/billdetail/773392
- SB286 - https://www.billtrack50.com/billdetail/1558279
- AB205 - https://www.billtrack50.com/billdetail/1262782/
- AB525 – https://legiscan.com/CA/text/AB525/id/2434237
- AB1373 - https://www.billtrack50.com/billdetail/1579135
- Inflation Reduction Act -https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/IN/IN11980#:~:text=117%2D169%2C%20commonly%20known%20as,transmission%20planning%2C%20and%20tax%20credits.&text=Offshore%20Wind%20Leasing%20Authority
Cal Poly/California Sea Grant Community Public Education Workshops
Workshop One: Floating Offshore Wind Technology and Central Coast Offshore Wind Development
Wednesday, November 29- 6:00-7:30 p.m., Cal Poly San Luis Obispo Campus, Advanced Technology Lab
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo and California Sea Grant are hosting community public education workshops on the proposed California Central Coast offshore wind developments in the Morro Bay Wind Energy Area (WEA). Three workshops are planned for 2023-2024. The first workshop will be held from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, November 29 on the Cal Poly campus in the Advanced Technology Lab Auditorium- Building 7. https://maps.calpoly.edu/
Free parking is available during the event in the H-2A parking lot using the following link (www.offstreet.io/location/45UCVTM8) with the code WIND.
In this first workshop, Cal Poly Faculty will introduce the federal offshore wind leasing process and a primer on floating wind technology. The three wind development companies with leases from the US Department of Energy’s Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (Equinor Wind US LLC, Golden State Wind LLC, and Invenergy California Offshore LLC) will also share information about previous wind projects and their proposed Morro Bay WEA projects. The second workshop in February/March 2024 will be on socioeconomic issues associated with offshore wind development. The third workshop in April/May 2024 will discuss environmental issues related to offshore wind development.
The public is encouraged to come in person. For those who are unable to come in person, there is a Zoom link available (we apologize in advance if there are any Zoom-related technical difficulties as these workshops unfortunately do not have professional IT support). https://calpoly.zoom.us/j/83130939911
- 2022: Initial leases were auctioned and granted in December 2022.
- 2023: Pre-survey meetings and planning stage. Lessees will submit their Public Engagement Plan.
- 2024-2028: Lessees will submit their site assessment plan, which will be reviewed and approved by BOEM. Site assessment and field surveys on commercial fishing impacts will then be conducted. At the end of this period, the Construction and Operations Plan (COP) will be submitted with an optional project design envelope.
- 2028-2029: BOEM will decide whether the COP is complete and sufficient, and NEPA/environmental and technical reviews will begin. These reviews will concurrently ensure Coastal Zone Management Act consistency.
- 2030: BOEM will approve the COP, if it meets requirements. Design and installation reports will then be submitted. If approved, installation of the wind turbines may begin.