For Residents impacted by the recent winter storms, recovery information is available here.
New! Electronic Plan Review
The City of Morro Bay has developed an Electronic Plan Review (EPR) program designed to streamline the plan submittal process, reduce paper waste, reduce expense, and reduce the inconvenience of printing and shipping multiple copies of construction plans.
Electronic Plan Review will allow concurrent review by Morro Bay staff which will reduce plan review times and will create a consolidated corrections list that the client can use to track and respond to comments.
To submit your application view the Permit Portal, click here.
Building inspections are available Monday through Friday from 8am - 5pm. Same day inspections are available for call requests received before 8am. You may also request an am or pm inspection. Building inspection number is 805-772-6204.
What We Do
We provide consultation, plan review, and inspection in conformance with the Municipal Code and State Building Codes as they relate to residential, commercial, and industrial projects.
The mission of the Building Division is to oversee construction projects for the purpose of protecting the safety of Morro Bay's citizens and facilitating sustainable development objectives.
Services & Links
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Forms and Applications
- Building Permit Process Flowchart
- Chapter 14.10 Draft Electrification Code
- Green Building Incentive Program
- Construction Debris Recycling Program
- Washing Machine Rebate Program
- Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance
- Wood Burning Device Change Out - Community Clean Air Incentives
- Information for Designers
- Standard Construction Details
- Sample Building Permit Fee Estimate for New Single-Family Residence (SFR)
- Building & Planning Fees (Master Fee Schedule 2022-2023 effective through 6/30/23)
- Guidelines for Small Scale PV Systems (PDF)
- Residential Electric Vehicle Charging Station Information
- Commercial Electric Vehicle Charging Station Information
- Remodeling - Fire Sprinkler Requirements
Scot GrahamCommunity Development DirectorPhone: 805-772-6291
Chad OuimetChief Building Inspector/ Plans ExaminerPhone: 805-772-6214
Eric VincentBuilding Inspector/ Code Enforcement OfficerPhone: 805-772-6213
Pamela BrunoPermit Technician IIPhone: 805-772-6267
Building DivisionPhysical Address
955 Shasta Avenue
Morro Bay, CA 93442
Phone: 805-772-6267Fax: 805-772-6268
Monday - Thursday
8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
To schedule an inspection, call 805-772-6204.