What We Do
We provide consultation, plan review, and inspection in conformance with the Municipal Code and State Building Codes as they relate to residential, commercial, and industrial projects.
The mission of the Building Division is to oversee construction projects for the purpose of protecting the safety of Morro Bay's citizens and facilitating sustainable development objectives.
Services & Links
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Forms and Applications
- Chapter 14.10 Draft Electrification Code - New!
- Green Building Incentive Program
- Construction Debris Recycling Program
- Washing Machine Rebate Program
- Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance
- Wood Burning Device Change Out - Community Clean Air Incentives
- Information for Designers
- Standard Construction Details
- Sample Building Permit Fee Estimate for New Single-Family Residence (SFR)
- Building & Planning Fees (Master Fee Schedule 2022-2023 effective through 6/30/23)
- Guidelines for Small Scale PV Systems (PDF)
- Residential Electric Vehicle Charging Station Information
- Commercial Electric Vehicle Charging Station Information