Thank you for your patience and understanding as we all work through this public health crisis.
Revised Encroachment Permit, Final Map and Other Public Works Application and Submittal Procedures
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the City of Morro Bay Engineering Division is implementing the following revised Encroachment Permit, Final Map and other Public Works Application and Submittal procedures to protect the health and safety of the public and City employees.
New Applications and Plan Submittals:
- firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (805) 772-6285 Coordinate applications, documents and Plans with the Derek Hanson, Engineering Division via email at
General Engineering Inquiries
Counter questions for engineering standards or general questions will be responded to via phone or email (staff directory).
Blanket Encroachment Permit Application (Outdoor Dining/Sales)The Blanket Encroachment Permit application is used to allow temporary uses of public outdoor dining or sales on public property to assist local businesses to meet social distancing requirements.
About the Department
The Public Works Department is committed to enhancing the quality of life for City's residents and businesses by developing and maintaining the City's infrastructure in a safe and environmentally sensitive manner.
We strive to provide efficient, effective, and friendly customer service to City residents and businesses by: maintaining safe and reliable water deliveries including waste water collection and treatment, and providing a safe and accessible street system and pavement management systems.
Services & Links
- Adopt Morro Bay
- Assessment Districts
- Encroachment Permit
- Engineering Division
- Expanded Polystyrene Regulation
- Flood Preparation, Protection & Safety
- Garbage & Recycling
- OneWater Plan Morro Bay
- Pavement Management Plan (PMP)
- Public Works Advisory Board
- Special Encroachment Permit
- Stormwater Management
- Street Sweeping Route Map (PDF)
- Wastewater Collections Division
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Operations
- Water Division
- Water Reclamation Facility Project